"The CDC has officially announced and provided guidance on reducing quarantine periods for persons who have been exposed to someone with COVID-19. With support from the Waco McLennan County Public Health District, Moody ISD will immediately begin implementing the following protocols for individuals who must quarantine as a result of close contact:
- The quarantine can end after Day 10 without a test and if no symptoms have been reported
- The quarantine can end after Day 7 if a diagnostic (PCR or Antigen) specimen tests negative and if no symptoms were reported
- For testing, the diagnostic specimen would be collected up to 48 hours prior to the proposed end of quarantine. For example, for a quarantine that would end on Day 7, the diagnostic specimen could be collected starting on Day 5 or thereafter.
In both cases, additional criteria (e.g., continued symptom monitoring and masking through Day 14) must be met.
Persons can discontinue quarantine at these time points only if the following criteria are also met:
- No clinical evidence of COVID-19 has been elicited during the entirety of quarantine up to the time at which quarantine is discontinued; AND,
- Self-monitoring of symptoms continues through quarantine Day 14; AND,
- Persons are counseled regarding the need to adhere strictly through quarantine Day 14 to all recommended non-pharmaceutical interventions (*mitigation strategies). They should be advised that if any symptoms develop, they should immediately self-isolate and contact the school nurse, local public health authority, or their healthcare provider to report this change in clinical status.