Moody Middle School Safety First Procedures
In an effort to provide a safe learning environment for all students and staff, we want to provide clarity for campus safety procedures:
- All students and staff will wear a face covering (mask) at all times while in the building. Students will be responsible for bringing their mask to school each day. Students will be responsible for providing their own mask. Middle School will provide one ONLY in emergency situations. Parents will be notified if students do not have one.
- All students will be required to wear a mask on the bus to and from school.
- Each classroom will have a hand sanitizing station in their room. Teachers and students will wipe their own desks and chairs after each period and chromebook computers will be sanitized after each use.
- Teachers will educate students on proper hand washing and sanitizing procedures.
- Students will be allowed to go to the restroom during passing periods and one at a time during class.
- Hallways have been designed to create lanes for better traffic flow to and from class.
- Students are encouraged to bring a refillable water bottle each day. Water fountains will be used to fill bottles only.
- All students will go to the cafeteria to get a grab and go breakfast each morning. 5th and 6th grade will eat in the cafeteria while practicing social distancing. 7th and 8th grade will go to the Middle School to sit in the 7/8 hallway to eat while practicing social distancing.
- Lunch will be in the cafeteria while practicing social distancing. There will be two lunch periods. 5th and 6th will eat together and 7th and 8th will eat together. There will NOT be a microwave available for them to use to warm their lunch brought from home.
- Currently we are not allowing cupcakes and birthday refreshments on campus or in classrooms.
- Only visitors with “school business” will be allowed on campus.
- Attendance for Online (Asynchronous) Instruction: Every day the student must do one of the following:
- Complete work assignments for every class, everyday and turn in.
- Daily progress on assigned work (verified with teacher communication)
- Teacher-student interaction about assignments (by email, phone or google classroom)